|Questa voce ha bisogno di essere tradotta.|
Robert Orel Dean (born 1929), also known as Bob Dean, is a retired Command Sergeant Major in the US Army, who became notable in UFOlogy circles after he claimed to have viewed "Cosmic Top Secret" documents detailing alien activity on Earth. He now lectures in ufology around the world and has been described as 'an elder statesman of the UFO community'
Dean has appeared many times on radio, TV documentaries and at conferences discussing the subject of UFOs and Extraterrestrial life. 
Dean is also notable for having successfully sued his employer under anti-discrimination laws on the ground that they were treating him unfairly because of his belief in UFOs. 
Dean majored in ancient history, psychology, and philosophy at Indiana University, completed extensive studies in archeology and theology and holds the equivalent of a masters level degree in Emergency Management
Dean allegedly served in the army for 27 years . He allegedly fought as a Second Lieutenant in the US Army during the Korean War. In 1963, Dean alleges that he was assigned to SHAPE (Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe) which at that time was just outside Paris (it later would be relocated to Mons, Belgium). These statements have not been verified by anyone, and there is an inherent contradiction in his stated service record. To enter the Korean War as a Second Lieutenant (2LT) and then retire as a Command Sergeant Major(CSM) is a reduction in rank. A 2nd Lieutenant is a "Commissioned Officer", while a CSM is a "Non Commissioned Officer". What about his DD-214? A person claiming to be a SHAPE Historian has confirmed that Dean was employed with SHAPE at the time he claims to have viewed 'The Assessment' but that exact dates and rank have not always been related correctly. This historian also says exhaustive searchs for the report have turned up nothing. 
Alleged NATO document on UFOs − “An Assessment”
In 1964, a USAF colonel, Col. Frank Collins, gave Dean, a Command Master Sergeant, access to a copy of a document called An Assessment. Dean stated that there were only 15 copies, one of which was kept in the safe. He said to read it every chance he had, being able to access the document because he had Cosmic Top Secret Clearance, As would be expected in the case of such a high-security classified document, Dean has been unable to provide a copy to prove his recount.
Dean states the document An Assessment: An Evaluation of a Possible Threat to Allied Forces in Europe (published in 1964) was a one and a half inch-thick secret NATO report on UFOs. The document was accompanied by eight and a half inches of Annexes and Appendices.
The report was ordered to be compiled by British Air Marshall Sir Thomas Geoffrey Pike, Deputy SACEUR (Deputy Supreme Allied Commander Europe) from August 1963 until his retirement in 1967. It was prompted by a Red Alert event that allegedly happened on 2 February 1961 at 0200 hrs. A formation of approximately 50 flying disc-shaped objects flew at very high altitudes and speeds under intelligent control. They came from the east, flew over Germany, France, England and continued north until they disappeared over the Norwegian sea.
The titles of some of the annexes of the report, Dean states, were as follows: Radar and Electromagnetic Effects, Optical and Light Analysis, Photographic and Holographic Analysis, Historical Research and Historical Evidence, Metallurgical and Technical Analysis, Atmospheric Physics and Meteorology, Biological Analysis and Autopsies, Sociological Problems, Psychological Problems, Theological Implications, and Worldwide Effects.Template:Fact
"The Assessment" concluded, in 1964, that there were four different extraterrestrial civilizations visiting Earth, but by Dean’s retirement from the military in 1976, he claims, the report stated that there were at least twelve different extraterrestrial civilizations visiting Earth.
Career after retirement from the military
After retiring from the military in 1976, Dean worked for the Federal Emergency Management Agency until his retirement in 1996. Dean became the former Arizona Assistant Director and Pima County Director for the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) and is a former member for Center for UFO studies (CUFOS) and the Ancient Astronauts Society. He also served twelve years as a member of the board of Directors for the Aerial Phenomenon Research Organization (APRO).
Dean is of the belief that the United States government is actively suppressing information about its interaction with alien civilizations, including its possession of alien technology and lifeforms, through disinformation campaigns and secrecy. He has lobbied the US Congress to relax secrecy oath laws of top security and military officials, so that more will be able to comment on UFO-related matters with impunity.
Dean has made numerous television and radio appearances on programs specializing in UFOs and paranormal phenomena in general. On these, he is almost always a sympathetic supporter of the claims of other men and women who come forward with alien related stories or experiences of their own. He also often speaks highly sympathetically of the allegedly exploited aliens themselves, who he claims are being badly mistreated in an inappropriate and disrespectful manner by overly-secretive government officials.
- ↑ 1,0 1,1 New York Times "For U.F.O. Fans, Question Is Not 'If?' but 'How Was the Trip?'", November 21, 1993
- ↑ Robert Dean
- ↑ Robert Dean’s website “Beyond Zebra”:
- ↑ UFO Week brings sky watchers and skeptics together
- ↑ Moreno, Mary (1997) "The Writer's Guide to Corporate Communications", Allworth Press, ISBN 1880559749
- ↑ Denzler, Brenda (2003) "The Lure of the Edge: Scientific Passions, Religious Beliefs, and the Pursuit of UFOs", University of California Press, ISBN 0520239059
- ↑ Kick, Russell (2001) "You Are Being Lied to: The Disinformation Guide to Media Distortion", The Disinformation Company, ISBN 0966410076
- ↑ Weber, Heinz (2003) "Brutstätten des Lebens im Universum", Books on Demand, ISBN 3833401907
- ↑ http://www.coasttocoastam.com/guests/505.html
- ↑ Dean Jobi (1998) "Aliens in America: Conspiracy Cultures from Outerspace to Cyberspace", Cornell University Press, ISBN 0801484685
- ↑ SHAPE Historian Investigation of Robert Dean and The Assessment
- ↑ Secrets and Saucers: For Tucsonan Bob Dean, The Truth is out there, by Jim Nintzil and Héctor Acuña
- ↑ A Report on the Motivations and Activities of Extraterrestrial Races – A Typology of the Most Significant Extraterrestrial Races Interacting with Humanity
- ↑ Nexus Magazine - "UFO Uncoverup?"
- UFO - Cosmic Top Secret (Video), Visual Corporation Ltd, 1996, ASIN: B000057YNB (Presenter)
- The UFO Anthology CD-ROM, Dreamland Interactive, 1998, ISBN 978-0966965100 (Host)
- Secrets from the Underground - Hybrid 101 Vol 6: Military Coverup & Hybrids, Alien Secrets, 2007, ASIN: B000TRILM8 (DVD interview with Robert O. Dean)